18 Dec Open Position – Digital Signal Processing Engineer
CardioID is a spin-off of Instituto de Telecomunicações and Instituto Superior Técnico (University of Lisbon), born out of research on pattern recognition and machine learning methods applied to the study of biological signals (biosignals), especially the electrocardiogram (ECG). We have created a technology that allows the ECG to be continuously acquired from the subject’s hands using dry electrodes, conductive textiles or other materials, enabling the development of innovative products, with particular focus on ECG-based biometrics. This requires the development of custom hardware and electronics that enhances the signal quality, under the constraints of a tight budget, and robust signal processing algorithms. We have established a series of industrial connections with key players in various markets in order to integrate our biometric technology into their products.
We are looking for a Digital Signal Processing Engineer to join our team. The role is responsible for designing, coding, and modifying signal processing algorithms and workflows for the automatic analysis of physiological data, in particular the ECG. The role is also responsible for transferring these high-level algorithms, which rely on various Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning techniques, to real-time embedded systems, which typically have limited computational resources. This position is based at our Lisbon office.
- Design and develop signal processing algorithms
- Develop and implement experiments to validate signal processing algorithms
- Perform benchmarking analysis of signal processing algorithms
- Assist in algorithm translation to embedded systems
Must Have Skills And Qualifications
- Degree on computer science, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, or similar
- Knowledge or hands-on experience with Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition
- Knowledge or hands-on experience with Machine Learning
- Expertise in Python (or Matlab) and C/C++
- Strong unit testing, debugging, and code documentation skills
- Open mind and willingness to learn
Good To Have Skills
- Experience with physiological signals (especially the ECG)
- Experience with Machine Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow
- Understanding of data protection concepts and security compliance
- Experience with code versioning tools (Git)
If you think this opening is a good fit for you, send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference SW-2017-03 in the subject. CardioID is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all backgrounds.