28 Mar Open Position: Embedded Software Engineer
CardioID is a spin-off of Instituto de Telecomunicações and Instituto Superior Técnico (University of Lisbon), born out of research on pattern recognition and machine learning methods applied to the study of biological signals (biosignals), especially the electrocardiogram (ECG). We have created a technology that allows the ECG to be continuously acquired from the subject’s hands using dry electrodes, conductive textiles or other materials, enabling the development of innovative products, with particular focus on ECG-based biometrics. This requires the development of custom hardware and electronics that enhances the signal quality, under the constraints of a tight budget, and robust signal processing algorithms. We have established a series of industrial connections with key players in various markets in order to integrate our biometric technology into their products.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team. The role is responsible for designing, developing, and testing software for embedded devices. Specifically, it involves programming microcontrollers (ARM, AVR, PIC, or others) that interact with both analog and digital systems, CardioID sensors, and communication interfaces (BLE, WiFi, or others). The role with collaborate with the hardware team to help define, from a firmware standpoint, PCB designs. The role will also work with the data science team to implement and modify C/C++ signal processing algorithms and workflows for the automatic analysis of physiological data. This position is based at our Lisbon office.
- Design and develop embedded firmware for CardioID products
- Accompany PCB design with hardware team
- Develop C/C++ signal processing modules with data science team
Must Have Skills And Qualifications
- Degree on computer science, electrical engineering, or similar
- Expertise in C/C++
- Experience with ARM microcontrollers
- Strong unit testing, debugging, and code documentation skills
- Open mind and willingness to learn
Good To Have Skills
- Experience with AVR and/or PIC microcontrollers
- Experience with RTOS
- Knowledge of wireless network protocols
- Knowledge or hands-on experience with signal processing
- Knowledge or hands-on experience with Python
- Understanding of data protection concepts and security compliance
- Experience with code versioning tools (Git)
If you think this opening is a good fit for you, send us your CV to [email protected], with the reference SW-2018-01 in the subject. CardioID is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all backgrounds. We offer a competitive compensation package that will be dependent on the candidate’s knowledge and experience.