11 Feb Open Position: Full-Stack Software Engineer
CardioID is a spin-off of Instituto de Telecomunicações and Instituto Superior Técnico (University of Lisbon), born out of research on pattern recognition and machine learning methods applied to the study of biological signals (biosignals), especially the electrocardiogram (ECG). We have created a technology that allows the ECG to be continuously acquired from the subject’s hands using dry electrodes, conductive textiles or other materials, enabling the development of innovative products, with particular focus on ECG-based biometrics. This requires the development of custom hardware and electronics that enhances the signal quality, under the constraints of a tight budget, and robust signal processing algorithms. We have established a series of industrial connections with key players in various markets in order to integrate our biometric technology into their products.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team. The role is responsible for designing, coding, and modifying web-based applications and the interchange of data between them. These applications handle the incoming data from our devices, route it to our machine learning algorithms, and present the resulting information to the users. The role is more focused on back-end API development, but expect to implement simple front-end applications. This position is based at our Lisbon office.
- Design and develop scalable back-end APIs and services
- Implement security and data protection methods and policies
- Integrate multiple data storage solutions and sources (SQL and NoSQL)
- Implement prototype front-end applications that interact with our APIs
Must Have Skills And Qualifications
- Degree on computer science, informatics, electrical engineering, or similar
- Knowledge or hands-on experience with API development (REST)
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one coherent system
- Strong unit testing, debugging, and code documentation skills
- Good understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Open mind and willingness to learn
Good To Have Skills
- Knowledge of front-end technologies and design principles (HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, React)
- Understanding of data protection concepts and security compliance
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Knowledge or hands on experience in native mobile applications (Android and/or iOS)
- Knowledge of additional programming languages, particularly C, C++, go, Ruby
CardioID is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all backgrounds. If you think this opening is a good fit for you, please apply using this link.