Explore our research. Biometrics. Fatigue. Drowsiness. Cardiac Status. Location and Monitoring in Real Time.
Complete the form to have access to our publications.
Complete the form and we will contact soon.
CardioID’s breakthrough technology leverages state-of-the-art biomedical knowledge related to the electrical activity of the heart, sizing up cardiac conditions for safety, security and personalization in everyday life activities. The exact same concepts used in medicine are explored to prevent drowsiness, fatigue, stress, or cardiac pathologies.
We bring a deep knowledge in applied research and development in the fields of Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, as a spin-off of Instituto Superior Tecnico (University of Lisbon). To meet the expectations of our customers, we continuously expand our knowledge through collaborative work with other reputable organizations and stakeholders, giving rise to products and solutions tailor-made for each situation.
CardioID’s experience has been incremental, particularly due to the company’s participation in the Valu3s Project – Verification and Validation of Automated Systems’ Safety and Security, in partnership with 23 industrial companies, 16 research centers, under the ECSEL-JU Program of the Union European.
The company’s activities under Valu3s Project have the following scope:
– Fault and attack injection into simulation models using driving scenarios libraries in combination with fault and attack libraries
– The WSN Intrusion Detection System will detect anomalies in transmissions (e.g. jamming attempts, replay attacks etc.) and data inconsistencies in the currently running application (e.g. injection of malformed and/or malicious data) to prevent faults ahead of time and to notify those events for further analysis/reactions.
– Fault injection in hardware platform and its propagation to other layers. Relate the fault injection on the low-level hardware layer to potential faults on the higher layers to reduce test space.
– Application of pre-injection analysis techniques to reduce the fault and attack space.
– Improvement of fault and attack modelling suitable for evaluation of AI and machine learning based systems, e.g. using domain specific languages.
The pandemic situation caused by the SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus has created enormous public health challenges. CardioID’s expertise is contributing to help patients who present the need to be monitored continuously for cardiovascular rehabilitation purposes.
This project has to dimensions:
– to monitor patients who are infected but don’t need to remain hospitalized;
– to monitor post-covid patients both cured and still hospitalized.
Funded by Portugal 2020 Program, this project is being coordinated by Centro Hospitalar Universitário de Lisboa Central.
Lockdown measures for COVID-19 outbreak and variation in physical activity in patients with heart failure and cardiac implantable devices
The i-DREAMS intervention strategies to reduce driver fatigue and sleepiness for different transport modes
Would you like to evaluate our technology?